Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Typical!

I am really, really bad at checking the weather every morning.  So, in my typical fashion, I stepped out the door in a tank top and a thin cardigan.  Why?  Well, because it was warm last week, why would it get cold again, right?  Needless to say, I was freezing when it started to rain.  Luckily though, I had opted not to wear sandals today!  That would have been terrible.  
After a long day at school, I stopped at Target to pick up a few things before work.  Food today was pretty typical.  The past week, I decided to pack less food for school/work because sometimes I didn't need the snack, but I'd eat it anyway since I had packed it.  I had a green smoothie before heading to school:
I have a green smoothie almost every morning and I love it!  It has totally changed my life.  I mean, I don't dislike eating vegetables, but it gives me some wiggle room, just in case.  Here are the packed items for the rest of the day:
That's almond milk in the big tupperware, my Trader Joe's cereal in the small baggie, a grapefruit and some almonds + chocolate chips in the small tupperware.  There was also a string cheese I added for some extra protein at the last minute...which reminds me, I had some coffee that escaped the camera too!  Ugh, rookie mistake!  
I ate the cereal around 10:00am, I just dump it in the almond milk and consume!  The grapefruit was eaten around 11:30ish...and I snacked on the almonds throughout the day.  When I finally got to work (starving!), I ate this amazing concoction:
that's roasted zucchini and sweet potato, black beans, corn, chicken breast and goat cheese.  It was amazing!  Since it was so cold, I also had some green tea in my happy mug:
Excuse my messy desk...that's pretty typical too! LOL!  I don't know what's for dinner, C won't be home until around 8 and I have a lot of work to do.  


Not really looking forward to it, but oh well!  
I realized today that I use a lot of plastic forks and spoons, I should really do something about that.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's in you green smoothie?
I love to make mine with spinach, orange juice and pineapple.

Hope you are having a great morning!

Alba H. Rodriguez