Sunday, April 25, 2010

By tomorrow....

...I totally meant 3 days later. A substantial amount of schoolwork was thrust upon me, kind of last minute too.  So...guess what I've doing! Aside from that, there hasn't been too much interesting stuff.  I butchered my first rack of ribs! Go me! And some other stuff happened too! I've got pictures from this weekend, so let's just take a look...


On Thursday, I packed...
Shrimp Salad with celery and grape tomatoes!

Roasted broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, banana peppers, chicken and goat cheese!

Stringy cheese!

And I kept it all cold with one of the coolest things I've ever scored for $1 at Target!

This is by far one of the more useful $1 items I've purchased.  A Disney princess ice pack!  True Love, indeed! LOL!  

On Friday, I decided to man up and butcher the ribs I bought.  Funnily enough, I had no idea I needed to cut this up until I found a random article describing how to do it!  Here we go:
Hanging out in the sink.

Post-cutting.

Leftover pieces, I slow roasted these with the ribs.

So....don't have pictures after that! Someday, I'll get the hang of this, I swear!  But here's what I did:

*Keep in mind that this takes a while, I had all afternoon at home to do this!

Totally Awesome Spicy Ribs:
Ingredients:
-1 rack of ribs (plus the riblets and skirt if ya got em!)
-5 cloves garlic minced
-Lawry's seasoning (or similar seasoning blend)
-1 cup barbecue sauce
-Sriracha

Directions:
(Remember, if you're cooking the riblets too, treat them exactly the same as the ribs)

Preheat oven to 250F.
Sprinkle the riblets and the meaty side of the ribs lightly with Lawry's seasoning.  Sprinkle the bone side of the ribs with Lawry's as well, I'm more generous with the salt on this side.  Don't go overboard though.  
Rub minced garlic into the meat side of the ribs and then place on a foil lined baking sheet.  Cover entire tray with foil and put in preheated oven.
After 2 hours, take tray out of the oven, uncover drain some of the liquid.  
Spread barbecue sauce over the ribs. You can coat the entire rack (top and bottom), but it really isn't necessary.  At this point, the ribs will be fork tender so trying to flip will be...difficult.  :D  If you'd like heat, add Sriracha to the barbecue sauce before you spread.  It really was delicious!  Start with a little, and taste before you spread it on.  All together, I probably added about 2-3 tsp. for the whole thing.  I am not, unfortunately, that hardcore.
After the sauce is on, cover the pan again and return to oven for another 3-4 hours, this time at 200F.  
All in all, I had the ribs in from 3:30pm-9:30pm.

They are totally awesome though!  And just as good on day 2!

Happy eating!




No comments: